Wednesday, August 9, 2017

last day of summer

just hanging out.

Sarah texted me that she was going to send Jane over to help with my kids.  and then Jane texted that Alice wanted to come too.  so I had instant care and entertainment for my kids for the morning! that little blessing just dropped straight from heaven.

just taking a break to drink some water.  she walked in and laid down like this.  I thought she was going to ask me to change her diaper, but she was totally fine... just hanging out.

our HOA requires that, if you pick paint colors not on their approved palette, you need to paint your samples on 8x18 inch boards.  I cut up a Costco sized Frosted Flakes box and used that.  all the kids looked at me a little weird that I was painting in the kitchen.  like I was doing crafts for funsies.  Abigail and Brady were a little upset that I wasn't letting them paint any.

anyway, they all played from 10-noon and then Jane and Alice rode their bikes back home. and then Sarah said she'd have Abigail and Brady come play at her house but first she had to take Jane to school registration and sprouts.  so I had her drop off Alice and Norah while she went... continued entertainment for my kids! they watched paw patrol and made a mess played with food toys from 1-2:30.  and then Sarah came by and picked up her two and my two and I put Elizabeth and Andrew to sleep and from 3-5:30 I was totally alone! I called my mom and gloriously talked to her for an hour with no interruptions... including from her.  every time I get off the phone with my mother, I'm embarrassed at how much I talked and didn't listen.  but yet, she still loves me (or at least does a fantastic job at pretending) and we both continue in our roles.  I also did laundry and cleaned some bathrooms.  

I hung out with Abigail a bit in the evening while honey was outside with Brady. I had her pick out and try on the clothes she wanted to wear for her first day of school.  she picked a skirt that always rolls up at the bottom so I told her I would iron it for her so it stayed flat. she then looked at her shirt and asked if I would also iron that.  I knew that her t-shirt didn't need any ironing but I took a breath and said yes.  then, she's taking off her outfit and was all, actually, will you iron my whole outfit? 

so here it is... her skirt, shirt, and undies of choice that she's chosen for her first day of school.  and I agreed to iron her whole outfit.  and because I'm not a liar (I despise lying), I literally ironed her skirt, her shirt, and her paw patrol underwear.  how many other second graders are going to be sporting freshly ironed underwear? I'm going to venture that answer is none.

and despite me telling myself each night that I'm going to bed at 9pm... I never do.  but this guy normally does so I can just admire his sleeping little self and his precious little kneecaps propped up in his swaddler.

I seriously can never ever ever get enough of those little knees.

No comments: