Friday, August 4, 2017

friday

I texted honey in the morning and told him he should take our kids to this tonight although it seemed weird that it was being held at the pool but said the pool closed at 5:30. 


I blogged during quiet time and Brady came down at one point to show me his collection of sunglasses.

honey took the kids to the back to school party at the pool.  which, instead of "pool closes at 5:30, come for treats, games, and prizes" was actually just a regular pool party with pizza and games... pool games.  HOA fail when you advertise that kids should wear clothes and eat dinner first.  didn't turn out bad though, just confusing.  they ended up eating pizza and then hitting up the playground before going home.  honey actually even let them stay out playing till 10pm.  apparently all the neighborhood kids were.  last weekend of summer break I guess.

meanwhile, I took Andrew to the church with me to print the program for church on Sunday and then we went to Walmart and picked up our to go order and then I parked and we went inside and wandered the aisles of Walmart for a few hours.  I never go in Walmart anymore (the only time I went in my whole pregnancy was 4 days before Andrew was born... not to get groceries... just to get a bunch of odds and ends).  but I went in this time.  just to check out kids clearance clothes and look for a few odds and ends that we needed for back to school shopping and just around the home.  as I wandered,  I kept thinking "honey hasn't even checked to see if I've died" and then two seconds later, he texted.  I told him I was enjoying the alone time with Andrew.  ; )

I used to feel guilty about ordering my groceries and picking them up because it meant that I couldn't price match and I couldn't use ibotta or anything like that and not even any coupons (on the rare chance that I had any).  well, I'm totally over it because the convenience is so worth it.  BUT just to make me feel better... Walmart posted this sign, letting me know that this store no longer offers price matching and I don't need to give any thought to it anymore.  how sweet of them.

No comments: