Tuesday, October 2, 2012

conquering my junk drawers

i'm pretty sure the reason i blog so much (besides having entirely too much time on my hands) is because i consider something like "organizing my junk drawers" completely blog-worthy.

today at walmart i picked up a few organizing things and apparently that $3 was well spent because it was enough to motivate me to tackle our junk drawers during nap time today!  who would have thought?!

mid-process.  this part always gives me a panic attack.

starting the pile sorting.  ps- that bottle of conditioner did NOT come from the junk drawer.

1.5 down.  so far to go.

we like to have a variety of tape at our fingertips.

$1 in the clearance section of walmart!  perfect for our out of control battery collection!

D and misc. - look how nicely they fit!

flashlights fit perfectly

i wanted to cry sweet tears of joy when i saw how the plastic battery tray was pretty much made for this!

and this.  seriously.  like it was my birthday.

i'm fancy so my labeling of choice is masking tape and sharpie.  someday i'll upgrade.  maybe.

the bottom half of my receipt pile.

oddly it was strangely therapeutic to go through.

all done!

finished product

and the other one.  now i can can reach all my tapes, scissors, sharpies, pens, blank notepads, baby's scratch paper and crayons, and folders for my random papers that need to be "filed" and my relief society directory.

and then i got baby up and put her in front of some thomas with a banana.  because honey was in omaha tonight and sometimes we cut corners like that.
i feel so accomplished.

2 comments:

ok said...

1) Congrats!! Organizing is such a great feeling! 2) I love that I can count on you to blog regularly! 3) Baby girl is so adorable!

For the Love of French said...

I bought that halloween sign for the halloween party i am having here soon...ps your drawers look wonderful.