Monday, October 15, 2012

pavlov's baby

i give my kid a lot of kisses.  like tons.  constantly throughout the day.  a simple one hour trip to walmart can easily include ten or fifteen kisses.  i just can't help myself.  anyways, a week or two ago i noticed that on the somewhat rare occasion that i blew baby girl a kiss, she would actually come to me and give me a kiss.  so a week ago when honey and i were playing in the playroom with baby girl i told him that i was pretty sure i had accidentally trained baby girl to give me kisses. naturally, he was skeptical so i explained to him that every time i made a kissing noise, she would drop was she was doing to come and give me a kiss.  still skeptical, i told him to try it out.  well...


and after he did it a few times, we switched it up and i had fun with it a few more times...


although we did learn that she won't always kiss whoever is making the kissing noises.  sometimes she'll just kiss whatever's closest.  i thought that was hilarious because it truly shows how unconscious this is for her.


and that concludes our lesson today on classical conditioning and "why my psychology degree isn't worthless to me as a stay at home mother*."









and let's just go ahead and throw in this random catching video too.  because it makes me smile.


*i have always considered my psychology degree valuable to me as a mother.  that was much of the reason i chose the major in the first place, always knowing i'd like to be a stay at home mom instead of pursuing a career.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hahahaha! Wow -- what a great conditioned response! Love it!

Diana C. said...

Everything about this blog post is absolutely precious. I love it! Miss you!

Lyndel said...

I love this. Possibly one of my favorite blog posts on here. Miss you!