Wednesday, October 31, 2012

sassy girls club

we don't really have an official name for what we do on wednesdays.  baby school, joy school, and even sassy girls club (from my friend mandi) have all been used regularly.  judging from my experience teaching/hosting today, sassy girls club is definitely the most fitting name.  one girl couldn't come so we had an easy going group of four.  and while they were all well behaved (we put together a really mellow group of girls... and there's a reason they're all girls) they were indeed a bit sassier than usual today.

 
 
 
 
two of the moms brought halloween cookies to share.  and it confettied on my floor. 

 

my favorite part was at the very end when the first mom came to pick up her kid.  she set a baby carseat on the floor for a minute while she went to the kitchen to wash her hands and the girls literally swarmed over to the baby.  they were all kneeling and rocking and talking and whatever and it was awesome.  they really are hardwired nurturers.  it melted my heart.  this is why it's always important to have your camera within arms reach at all times.  what a precious moment that was.

2 comments:

EmmyLou said...

the fireplace is my favorite spot to read also.

Jeff said...

I LOVE seeing her wearing some of our favorite dress ups! So happy she enjoys them!